April 25, 2010

News (Boring but Readable)

Hi
This is a random, dragging blend of all the stuff I want to say
Do you really want to read?

Very soon, our family will be getting a new car, something like a Volkswagen. It's already at the dealer, we just have to pick it up. We're buying it to replace our 10-year-old minivan. I'll miss that car. It's lived it's whole life with us. I've ridden in it more than any other car we own. It has many nostalgic memories.The new car was bought almost specifically so that we have a car that will fit a good 3/4 sized bass. I'm excited to get a new one this fall, hopefully from Andrew's Fine Violin Shop and not Milano. Milano just doesn't have the same quality it has with violins with basses. Next year, I'm going to be the only bass in the upper school ensemble, and I will be sitting in the back. Next to the cellos. For your information. :) Sigh... I am really sad that the Cal trip is over. It was too short, but amazingly fun while it lasted. I can't believe I didn't play the bass before now. I wish I'd gone on the other two Cal trips. But the idea of a rather small fourth grade girl playing a bass twice her size is a bit odd. I probably would've started off with the cello, like many bass players do. Hahahahaha! If only I were a cello now... Achoo! I'm not saying anything here. If you don't understand, ask me or Alice in person. I might tell you, I might not. It depends on who you are. :) After we came back from the Cal trip, all of my clothes were just a bit too big, no matter how form-fitting they used to be. I must have shrunk slightly in CA. Probably from either lack of sleep or lack of proper nourishment. I had to skimp a bit on food in order to buy the souvenir I got, a pair of red Mickey Mouse earrings that match the ones Alice have in pink. My pink iPod stopped working on the eight hour trip to Cal, so I had nothing to listen to. Except the music made by multiple orchestras. We got silver. T-T Even though they really kicked the other's butts, the Upper School got bronze! They really were way better than the other groups. And it's not just because this is my school, either. BASIS is just smaller than, say, Northland Prep School in Flagstaff. Quality, not quantity! Vent, vent vent...

Alright, for now, that is all. I'm glad you read to the end, because it's always nice to have followers. Thank you!

3 comments:

  1. Yay!
    So what's the achoo thing?
    But that's so cool how you're getting a new bass. You seem to know so much about basses, but maybe that's just cuz you're the only one I know who plays a bass? I dunno. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is not boring!! That's cool!!! Yes, what IS the Achoo thing?

    Anyways.............................................................................................................................................................................. Cool! New car! New bass! (...small clothes...?)

    Hahaha I read to the end!!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Template-Mama.